Brinner for dinner.
That’s breakfast-dinner for dinner.
We love breakfast for dinner. “Brinner.” Especially in the summer months…so I had to sneak in these super easy and yummy “breakfast pizzas” made with waffles.
- Peanut butter or almond butter or sunflower seed butter (you get the idea)
- A little honey or maple syrup
- Sliced fruit
And some sausage, bacon or eggs for a protein boost!
Also, you can see the “mini waffle pizza” in the photo that I made using the mini-waffle bites. My boys went gooooo-gooooo-ga-ga over these little “waffle shots.”
If you’re using maple syrup, I’d suggest putting it directly onto the waffles before adding peanut butter. I doesn’t “stick” as well as honey, so it’s best to put it beneath the PB. If you’re using honey, it will “hold” better between the PB and the sliced fruit. Of course, you could put it under the PB as well!
OK, now that I’ve really gone a little too technical with how to put these together….let’s get on to the recipe!
- 8 waffles (regular size or mini size)
- Honey or maple syrup (couple Tbsp)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or alternative nut/seed butter
- Sliced fruit - bananas, strawberries
- Side: sausage, bacon or egg
- Cook waffles as directed.
- Slice the fruit.
- Spread honey or maple syrup and peanut butter directly onto the warm waffles.
- Top with sliced fruit and serve.
Pin all of our 31 Days of 5-Ingredient Meals here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for 5-Ingredient Meal Supplies:
- Long-Handle Wooden Measuring Spoons, set of 4
- 6 oz. glass custard cups, set of 4
- Dishwasher safe Cutting Boards, set of 4
- Knife Set with Block, 7 piece set (my FAVORITE knives)
- Rubbermaid Food Storage Containers with lids, 42 piece set
See all of our 31 Days of 5-Ingredient Meals here!
Other 31 Days of Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Healthy Snacks
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Meals