Perfectly light for the summer and ridiculously delish. I think you could serve this soup chilled too!
While I don’t love eating soup in the summer, a lighter “chillable” soup is sometimes all I need/want to eat after a day in the sun. This is also super freezer friendly once it’s cooked, so you could do a double batch and freeze some to serve chilled later in the summer.
This recipe is written for the stovetop, but it’s very easy to adapt for the slow cooker – add all the ingredients (except garnish!) and slow cook on low for 4 to 6 hours!
Also, don’t skip the Parmesan garnish…it completes the meal!
Pin all of our 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Recipes here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Slow Cooker Supplies:
- Crockpot 6 quart Programmable Touch Screen ~ Great price for great slow cooker!
- All Clad 7 qt ~ A great slow cooker with a cast aluminum insert that can brown meat on the stove top and then go straight into the slow cooker. One dish dinner!
- Crockpot 6 quart programmable ~ Slow Cooker with WeMo, a free smartphone app.
- Instant Pot, 6 qt ~ reasonably priced instant pot, if time = money, then you need this in your kitchen.
- Slow Cooker Liners ~ because less mess equals more fun in the summer sun!
See all of our 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Healthy Snacks
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals