I’m giddy about this ham and bean soup! It’s a light and refreshing soup. It really is. You can tell just by looking at it, can’t you.
This is the flavors of summer meet the flavors of fall.
A ham and bean soup meets the late summer harvest of zucchini, spinach and carrots.
Toss it all together in a giant pot with some chicken stock, dried herbs and then top it all off with a few pinchfuls of a rich shaved or shredded Parmesan cheese.
An amazing soup is ready in just 30 minutes!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small white onion diced
- 4 whole carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 small zucchini chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup ham or bacon, diced
- 2 - 15 oz. cans cannellini beans drained
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 6 oz. bag baby spinach
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 ts[ dried thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Shaved or shredded Parmesan, as garnish
- Fresh bread, as side dish
- In a large saucepan or stockpot, add the olive oil and saute the diced onion, chopped carrots and chopped zucchini with the minced garlic.
- Once the onions have become translucent, add the ham or bacon and saute another few minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in the beans and the stock and bring to bubbling.
- Once bubbling, stir in the baby spinach, basil, thyme and salt and pepper. Let simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- Warm and slice the bread.
- Serve Tuscan Bean Soup with Parmesan garnish and slice of fresh bread.
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for 31-Minute Recipe Supplies:
- Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized 12-Inch Skillet with Glass Cover
- Black & Decker 3-Cup Dry/6-Cup Cooked Rice Cooker
- Pyrex 2 pk Clear Baking Dishes
- Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven, 4.5 qt
- Rubbermaid 12-Piece New Premier Food Storage Container Set – Dishwasher, microwave, and freezer safe; BPA free
See all of our 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinner Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes