This is really a copycat Sweet Fire Chicken. Complete with real orange peels. It’s what makes this meal perfect!
It’s the sweet Thai chili sauce with the orange peels that leak out all their flavors and aromatics into the sauce.
Perfection in a bowl right there.
Sweet Orange Ginger Chicken
A quick and easy fake-out take-out recipe!
Servings - 4 servings
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite size chunks
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp grated orange peel
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 small white onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup sweet Thai chili sauce
- 1 cup brown rice, as side dish
- Cook brown rice as directed on package. Note: brown rice can take up to 50 minutes to prepare.*
- Dice the white onion.Seed and dice the red bell pepper.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and grated orange peel. Toss the chicken pieces in with the dry mix until they are fully coated.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and then add the coated chicken pieces and toss often to brown all sides. Add the diced onions and red bell pepper with the chicken and saute as the chicken is browning. Pour the sweet chili sauce over the top and bring to bubbling and finish cooking the chicken over low heat. If necessary, deglaze the skillet with a little water.
- Serve Sweet Orange Ginger Chicken over rice.
Pin all of our 31 Days of FreezEasy Meals here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for FreezEasy Meal Supplies:
- Freezer Bags, gallon size
- Freezer Bags, 2 gallon size
- Disposable 9×5 Loaf Pans or Reusable Silicon Freezer Safe/Oven Safe Loaf Pans
- Disposable 9×13 Aluminum Foil Pans or Reusable Silicon Freezer/Oven Safe 9×13 Pan (I’d recommend using a baking sheet with this one when cooking!)
- Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil
- Melamine Mixing Bowls with pouring spout, 3 ct. set (3 qt., 2 qt., and 1 1/2 qt.)
- Dishwasher safe Cutting Boards, set of 4
See all of our 31 Days of FreezEasy Meals here!
Other 31 Days of Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 5-Ingredient Meals
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Healthy Snacks
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Meals
Jennifer Berkey says
Oh goodness, it’s definitely luscious and easy to cook! Can’t wait to try one on my own.!
Hi, is this frozen cooked or raw?