We love getting clever with the waffle iron…and these stuffed waffles won’t disappoint!
Biscuit dough plus sloppy joe meat plus a pinch of cheese = kid food heaven!!!
These do take a bit of time, as you can only make 1 waffle at a time…but the experience and having the kids help will make for happy faces and happy bellies when you get to the dinner table!
Yield – 8 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 30 minutes
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 15 oz. can sloppy joe sauce
- 2 – 8 count refrigerated biscuits
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Fresh fruit or veggies, as side dish
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef with the minced onion and garlic powder. Drain off any fat and return to skillet. Stir in the sloppy joe sauce and bring to bubbling. (Homemade sloppy joe recipe here.)
- Heat a waffle iron and spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Roll out 2 biscuits as flat as you can. Place 1 onto the waffle iron, top with spoonful of sloppy joe meat and pinchful of cheese. Place the other flatted biscuit on top and then press the waffle iron shut. Grill in the waffle iron for 3 to 5 minutes, or until biscuits have cooked through.
- Repeat for all biscuits.
- Serve Stuffed Sloppy Joe Waffles with fresh fruit or veggies.
Pin all of our 31 Days of Kid Friendly Recipes here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Supplies to Help Make these Recipes:
- Wilton 24 Cavity Pumpkin Silicon Mold
- Individual Brownie Bar Pan, 24 cavities
- Mini Loaf Pan, 8 cavities
- Classic Round Waffle Maker
- 6 inch Bamboo Skewers, 100 ct
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Dark Melting Wafers, 12 oz.
- Washburn Dad’s Wrapped Root Beer Barrels, 2 lbs.
See all of our 31 Days of Kid Friendly Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 5-Ingredient Meals
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of FreezEasy Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Healthy Snacks
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Meals