If you have not ever taken time to stop and take a gander through all the amazing sauces and marinades that live in the Asian aisle of your grocery store, I’d encourage you to stop sometime. Take a look at the sauces. And grab one or two to try.
For this one, I used a Thai orange simmer sauce. It’s not too sweet…has a great kick to it…just enough spice in the after bite. It’s perfect. I’ve also made this with a semi-spicy Thai peanut sauce. To.die.for.
If you’re not into Asian food over noodles, then you can def serve this with white or brown rice!Â
Next time you’re in the grocery store, take an extra minute to cruise through the sauce section and find a new one to try! Here’s how this 5-Ingredient version goes down in your skillet or wok…
Spicy Asian Chicken Noodles ~ NEW 31 Days of 5-Ingredient Meals
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 cups Thai peanut or orange simmer sauce
- 16 oz. bag matchstick carrots
- 12 oz. thin spaghetti noodles or other Asian rice noodles
- Garnish ideas: sliced green onions, sesame seeds
- Cook noodles, as directed.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat the oil over high heat and saute the chicken pieces and chopped onion for 5 to 6 minutes. Pour the Thai simmer sauce over the chicken and stir in the carrots. Let simmer-saute for another 5 to 10 minutes, or until chicken pieces are cooked through.
- Serve Spicy Asian Chicken over noodles with garnishes.
Pin all of our 31 Days of 5-Ingredient Meals here!
Erinâ€™s Personal Recommendations for 5-Ingredient Meal Supplies:
- Long-Handle Wooden Measuring Spoons, set of 4
- 6 oz. glass custard cups, set of 4
- Dishwasher safe Cutting Boards, set of 4
- Knife Set with Block, 7 piece set (my FAVORITE knives)
- Rubbermaid Food Storage Containers with lids, 42 piece set
See all of our 31 Days of 5-Ingredient Meals here!
Other â€œ31 Days ofâ€ Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Healthy Snacks
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Meals