This kind of sandwich makes me drool.
The beef gets to hang out in the slow cooker all day, soaking in all the amazing flavors. Then you shred up the beef with the peppers and onions…serve it on a bun with some cheese. Drool. DROOL.
So good. Just so good.
I didn’t add this in the recipe, but you could even run these under the broiler to really get the cheese nice and melty! (Melty, that’s word right?!?)
Hope you love this Italian Beef Sammie as much as I did!
Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches
Yield – 8 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 8 hours
- 2 lb. beef chuck roast
- Salt and pepper
- 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small white onion, sliced
- 1 cup pepperoncini peppers, sliced
- 1 packet Ranch dressing mix (or make your own!)
- 8 bolillo or hoagie rolls
- 8 slices Provolone cheese
- Chips, as side dish
- Seed and slice the green and red bell peppers. Slice the onion.
- Place the beef roast in the base of the slow cooker and season with salt and pepper. Add the tomato sauce, sliced green and red bell peppers, sliced onions, pepperoncini peppers, and Ranch dressing mix. Set the slow cooker on low and cook for 8 hours.
- Once cooked, shred the meat and veggies with 2 forks and combine with the sauce. Spoon the shredded beef onto the bolillo or hoagie rolls. Add slice of cheese on top and microwave to melt, if needed.
- Serve Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches with a side of chips.
To freeze ahead, mix the uncooked roast, salt and pepper, tomato sauce, bell peppers, onion, pepperoncini, and Ranch dressing mix in a gallon-sized freezer bag. You can place this frozen or thawed into the slow cooker. Cook according to recipe and serve with rolls and Provolone cheese.
Pin all of our 31 Days of FreezEasy Meals here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for FreezEasy Meal Supplies:
- Freezer Bags, gallon size
- Freezer Bags, 2 gallon size
- Disposable 9×5 Loaf Pans or Reusable Silicon Freezer Safe/Oven Safe Loaf Pans
- Disposable 9×13 Aluminum Foil Pans or Reusable Silicon Freezer/Oven Safe 9×13 Pan (I’d recommend using a baking sheet with this one when cooking!)
- Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil
- Melamine Mixing Bowls with pouring spout, 3 ct. set (3 qt., 2 qt., and 1 1/2 qt.)
- Dishwasher safe Cutting Boards, set of 4
See all of our 31 Days of FreezEasy Meals here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 5-Ingredient Meals
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Healthy Snacks
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Meals
This recipe is featured on Meal Plan Monday #127.