We love shredded meats. Like, really love them. They are so easy to make (usually in the slow cooker) and you can ‘sauce-ify’ them easily to give them such amazing flavor. Then you can use the shredded meats in tacos, enchiladas, on “haystacks” or in soups, etc.
This didn’t start out as a “haystack” kind of meal…but ended up as one after I finished adding all the garnishes!
- Shredded pork
- Peanut sauce (I made my own, but you can buy the peanut sauce from the store…Asian aisle.)
- Bell peppers
- Chopped peanuts
- Sliced green onions
- Lime wedges
All these garnishes are totally optional – but the core of this is the shredded pork, peanut sauce and peppers. Start with those and then go crazy with your preferred toppings!
This is a lick your plate clean kind of meal….enjoy!
Slow Cooker Shredded Pork with Thai Peanut Sauce
- 2 lb. pork roast
- Salt and pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 small white onion
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Green onions, chopped peanuts, lime slices; as garnish
- Rice; as side dish
- Salad; as side dish
- Seed and slice the red bell pepper. Thinly slice the onion.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, peanut butter, vinegar, lime juice, ground ginger and garlic powder. Add in a few pinches of salt and pepper.
- Add the pork roast to the base of the slow cooker and add the bell peppers and onions over the top. Pour the Thai peanut sauce over the top. (If you slow cooker runs hot, add cup of water around the pork roast.)
- Set on low and cook for 8 hours. Once cooked, use 2 forks and shred the pork meat into the sauce.
- Cook rice, as directed.
- Prepare salad.
- Serve Shredded Pork with Thai Peanut Sauce over rice with side salad.
Pin all of our 31 Days of FreezEasy Meals here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for FreezEasy Meal Supplies:
- Freezer Bags, gallon size
- Freezer Bags, 2 gallon size
- Disposable 9×5 Loaf Pans or Reusable Silicon Freezer Safe/Oven Safe Loaf Pans
- Disposable 9×13 Aluminum Foil Pans or Reusable Silicon Freezer/Oven Safe 9×13 Pan (I’d recommend using a baking sheet with this one when cooking!)
- Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil
- Melamine Mixing Bowls with pouring spout, 3 ct. set (3 qt., 2 qt., and 1 1/2 qt.)
- Dishwasher safe Cutting Boards, set of 4
See all of our 31 Days of FreezEasy Meals here!
Other 31 Days of Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 5-Ingredient Meals
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Healthy Snacks
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Meals
Would this be a decent one to freeze? If I just poured all of the ingredients into a freezer bag instead of the crockpot?
Jenn K says
Absolutely! Throw everything except the garnish and side dishes in the freezer bag. Then thaw overnight in the fridge and slow cook away!