Hello, budget gourmet!!!
I don’t often share recipes like this with “super expensive ingredients” – like scallops. But when I do, I still try to budget hack them. Serving these with in season tomatoes and fresh herbs from your garden, over inexpensive pasta, and you’ll end up with a budget gourmet meal.
This is a Freezer Friendly meal…as the scallops, tomatoes and herbs can all be frozen together. Then thaw and cook in skillet and toss with cooked thin spaghetti or linguini type pasta. Crack some fresh pepper on top for an amazing, light yet filling dinner.
Hope you enjoy this ‘budget gourmet’ meal!!!
P.S. Would also be delicious with shrimp instead of scallops!
Scallops & Herbed Tomatoes
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes17
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb. fresh or frozen scallops
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh veggies, as side dish
- 16 oz. pasta, as side dish
- Cook pasta, as directed.
- Halve all the tomatoes.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over high heat and sear the scallops on both sides. Once seared, stir in the halved tomatoes, fresh basil and parsley, sliced green onions, crushed garlic cloves, salt and pepper. Saute for 5 to 8 minutes, or until tomatoes begin to burst and scallops are cooked through.
- Prepare veggies.
- Serve Scallops and Herbed Tomatoes tossed with pasta and a side of veggies.
Freezer Instructions: Place scallops, tomatoes, basil, parsley, green onions, garlic, salt and pepper into a freezer safe bag or container. Place in the freezer and freeze up to 6 months in fridge freezer or 12 months in a deep freezer. Thaw completely before sauteeing in skillet over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, searing and flipping scallops once or twice.
Pin all of our 31 Days of FreezEasy Meals here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for FreezEasy Meal Supplies:
- Freezer Bags, gallon size
- Freezer Bags, 2 gallon size
- Disposable 9×5 Loaf Pans or Reusable Silicon Freezer Safe/Oven Safe Loaf Pans
- Disposable 9×13 Aluminum Foil Pans or Reusable Silicon Freezer/Oven Safe 9×13 Pan (I’d recommend using a baking sheet with this one when cooking!)
- Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil
- Melamine Mixing Bowls with pouring spout, 3 ct. set (3 qt., 2 qt., and 1 1/2 qt.)
- Dishwasher safe Cutting Boards, set of 4
See all of our 31 Days of FreezEasy Meals here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 5-Ingredient Meals
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Healthy Snacks
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Meals