Here’s a fun twist for the next time you make a cake for dessert. You can use root beer in BOTH the cake batter and frosting for a delicious Root Beer Float Cake!
And, I jazzed up the frosting to give it a little cream soda flavor by mixing a little bit of root beer and a little bit of vanilla (or vanilla beans) INTO the frosting container…for one less mess!
Then frost the fluffy cake with your freshly flavored root beer float frosting.
The candy garnish is completely optional, of course, but it’s a sure way to your kid’s heart! Just browse the candy aisle at your store to find some fun little soda candy! Or grab some root beer barrel candy and crush a little for the topping. Fun!
Root Beer Float Cake
- 1 white cake mix box
- 1 1/2 cups cold root beer
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 container white frosting
- 1 Tbsp root beer
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional toppings: root beer candies, soda gummies
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly spray 9x13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the cake mix, cold root beer, oil and eggs until smooth batter forms. Pour batter into the prepared baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean in the center. Let the cake cool before frosting.
- While the cake is baking, whip together the frosting, root beer and vanilla extract with a fork. (I just carefully mixed it in the frosting container.) Place the prepared frosting into the fridge, while the cake cools.
- Frost the cake, cut into serving pieces and top with optional candy toppings!
Pin all of our 31 Days of Kid Friendly Recipes here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Supplies to Help Make these Recipes:
- Wilton 24 Cavity Pumpkin Silicon Mold
- Individual Brownie Bar Pan, 24 cavities
- Mini Loaf Pan, 8 cavities
- Classic Round Waffle Maker
- 6 inch Bamboo Skewers, 100 ct
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Dark Melting Wafers, 12 oz.
- Washburn Dad’s Wrapped Root Beer Barrels, 2 lbs.
See all of our 31 Days of Kid Friendly Recipes here!
Other 31 Days of Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 5-Ingredient Meals
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of FreezEasy Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Healthy Snacks
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Meals
Leave a Reply