These babies are ALL.THE.RAGE. around my house lately. Like kids begging for them…for dinner…for snacks…for lunchboxes!
And they are super simple to make – I’m still teaching the boys how to make them. I think after 1 or 2 more batches, the older 2 could make these on their own! (wahooooooo for working myself outta the job 😉 )
Highly recommend this fun twist for your pizza loving kiddos!
Pepperoni Pizza Muffins
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 minutes
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3.5 oz. pepperoni, chopped and divided
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- Fresh veggies, as side dish
- Heat your oven to 450 degrees and spray your muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, salt, and baking powder. Stir to combine.
- Add in the melted butter, milk, and egg. Stir about 5 or 6 times until only a few lumps remain.
- Stir in 1 cup of mozzarella and 1/2 of the chopped pepperoni.
- Spoon the batter into 8 muffin compartments. Top with the remaining cheese and then spoon on the pizza sauce on top of the cheese. Finish with the remaining pepperoni.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for about 5 minutes before serving.
- Prepare fresh veggies.
- Serve Pepperoni Pizza Muffins with fresh veggies.
Pin all of our 31 Days of Kid Friendly Recipes here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Supplies to Help Make these Recipes:
- Wilton 24 Cavity Pumpkin Silicon Mold
- Individual Brownie Bar Pan, 24 cavities
- Mini Loaf Pan, 8 cavities
- Classic Round Waffle Maker
- 6 inch Bamboo Skewers, 100 ct
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Dark Melting Wafers, 12 oz.
- Washburn Dad’s Wrapped Root Beer Barrels, 2 lbs.
See all of our 31 Days of Kid Friendly Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 5-Ingredient Meals
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of FreezEasy Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Healthy Snacks
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Meals