I WISH these Hawaiian Energy Bites really did have the power to whisk me away to a beautiful Hawaiian beach. I’m a beach nerd, I adore the beach. I love being near the ocean. Preferably in a tropical setting.
But since I don’t live super close to a tropical beach, I’ll just have to pretend by whisking myself there in my mind. And these tropical flavor loaded energy bites are a great way to do that!
Protein packed…just enough sweetness from the honey and dried pineapple…these babies were gone in one afternoon. I think next time, I’ll set some out on the counter and save the rest for the next day!
Now…how to “save-hack” this recipe…
- Get the almond butter from Costco – by far the lowest price per ounce I’ve ever seen. If you aren’t a Costco member, be on the lookout for deals on Amazon.
- Get the shredded coconut and macadamia nuts from the bulk bins at a store like Sprouts or Whole Foods. Only get what you need for this recipe so you don’t end up with leftovers or spend too much. (Unless you like munching on macadamia nuts!)
Enjoy these amazing Hawaiian Energy Bites for a healthy afternoon snack, or even dessert!
Hawaiian No-Bake Energy Bites
Adapted from: Gluten Free No-Bake Energy Bites
Yield – 16 energy bites
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 2 hours chill time, no cooking required
- 1 1/4 cups shredded coconut, divided (I used unsweetened, but sweetened would work too!)
- 1 cup dried pineapple, chopped into 1/8″ inch size pieces or smaller
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla (or use homemade vanilla extract!)
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 cup almond butter
- In a small mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of the shredded coconut, the dried pineapple pieces and the macadamia nut pieces. Mix together.
- Add the vanilla, honey and almond butter and combine well, turning with a plastic spatula, until “dough” forms.
- Roll into 16 energy bites, about 1″ in diameter.
- Place the other 1/4 cup shredded coconut and roll each bite in the coconut. Place on plate or small serving dish. Refrigerate for 2 hours to allow the energy bites to firm up.
- Serve Hawaiian Energy Bites for snack or dessert.
Pin all of our 31 Days of Healthy Snack Recipes here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Healthy Snacks Supplies:
- Apple Corer
- Flexible Cutting Boards, 4 pack
- Snack size Baggies, 90 ct, 3 pack
- Avocado Cutter (splits, pits, and slices!)
- Muffin Tins, 12 cup
- Sandwich Knife & Condiment Spreader
See all of our 31 Days of Healthy Snack Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals