This is my 5-Ingredient hack on the Monte Cristo sandwich. You’ll need a flat-ish bread, like ciabatta or whatever you can find in the bakery. Ham and cheese. And you’ll need to panini-fy it – warm it up, smash it together.
And then you’ll devour each bite that’s been dipped into a sweet preserves – like strawberry or raspberry.
This is a great and fun way to “jazz up dinner” while still keeping it simple with a “sandwiches for dinner” kind of night.
Ham & Cheese Panini
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 minutes
- 4 ciabatta bread or other panini friendly bread
- 12 slices ham deli meat
- 4 slices Swiss cheese (or other mild cheese)
- 4 tsp yellow or Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves, for dipping
- Fresh fruit, as side dish
- Preheat panini press or griddle.
- Assemble the sandwiches by adding ham, cheese, and mustard to the ciabatta bread.
- Add sandwiches to panini press or griddle and grill for a few minutes, until warmed through.
- Prepare fresh fruit.
- Serve Ham & Swiss Panini with strawberry preserves for dipping and a side of fruit.
Pin all of our 31 Days of 5-Ingredient Meals here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for 5-Ingredient Meal Supplies:
- Long-Handle Wooden Measuring Spoons, set of 4
- 6 oz. glass custard cups, set of 4
- Dishwasher safe Cutting Boards, set of 4
- Knife Set with Block, 7 piece set (my FAVORITE knives)
- Rubbermaid Food Storage Containers with lids, 42 piece set
See all of our 31 Days of 5-Ingredient Meals here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Healthy Snacks
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Meals