First off, happy Halloween! Hope you’ve had a fun time with your family and neighbors during trick or treating and other fun gatherings!
This is the last (but new!) recipe in the 31 Days of Kid Friendly recipes series. And I think I’ve saved the best for last?!? I’ve got a fun way to serve French toast for you below. You make French toast, as you would, and then use a knife (or pizza cutter) to slice the French toast slices into thirds. Roll up the French toast strips and skewer them with chunks of your favorite fruit. Finally, give the kebabs a little dusting of powdered sugar and serve with maple syrup “dip.”
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 bananas
- 8 strawberries, hulled
- Dusting of powdered sugar
- Maple syrup for dipping
- Heat griddle and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and cinnamon. Dip both sides of each bread and grill on the griddle for 1 to 2 minutes per side. Slice each French toast into thirds and fold to skewer.
- Slice banana into chunks and prepare the strawberries.
- Add the folded bread, banana chunks, strawberries to kebab skewers. Dust with powdered sugar.
- Serve French Toast Kebabs with maple syrup for dipping.
Pin all of our 31 Days of Kid Friendly Recipes here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Supplies to Help Make these Recipes:
- Wilton 24 Cavity Pumpkin Silicon Mold
- Individual Brownie Bar Pan, 24 cavities
- Mini Loaf Pan, 8 cavities
- Classic Round Waffle Maker
- 6 inch Bamboo Skewers, 100 ct
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Dark Melting Wafers, 12 oz.
- Washburn Dad’s Wrapped Root Beer Barrels, 2 lbs.
See all of our 31 Days of Kid Friendly Recipes here!
Other 31 Days of Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 5-Ingredient Meals
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of FreezEasy Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Healthy Snacks
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Meals