Want to know what makes so smooth fluffi-licious??? It’s not sour cream, or mayo, or an extra egg…
It’s cashew butter!!!
And it’s amazing and so worth the tiny bit of added cost! But, I will tell you…if you can get just the amount you need from a bulk bin or ‘made to order’ like machine, then you’ll be all set. My Sprouts store and Whole Foods has the option to get small amounts of cashew butter!
(If you don’t have a “made to order”Â cashew butter option and don’t want to purchase a small jar, then you could substitute with almond butter or unsweetened peanut butter.)
The soft, nutty cashew flavor with the chocolate is just perfect…and when you throw in some chopped cashews into the batter as well…heavenly!
Chocolate Chip Cashew Muffins
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar
- 2 Tbspbrown sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3 tspbaking powder
- 1 tspsalt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup creamy cashew butter
- 2 tspvanilla extract(or use homemade vanilla extract!)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup cashew pieces
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Coat your muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the turbinado sugar, brown sugar, cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir to combine.
- In a small sauce pan, combine the milk, coconut oil, and cashew butter. Stir continually over low heat until the ingredients are liquid and thoroughly combined with no lumps remaining. Remove from heat and allow this mixture to cool for 5 minutes.
- Combine the melted mixture with the flour mixture. Stir in vanilla and egg gently just until combined. Do not overstir.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and cashews. Divide the batter into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 17 - 20 minutes until toothpick inserted into center of the muffins comes out clean.
- Serve Cashew Muffins for a healthy snack!
Pin all of our 31 Days of Healthy Snack Recipes here!
Erinâ€™s Personal Recommendations for Healthy Snacks Supplies:
- Apple Corer
- Flexible Cutting Boards, 4 pack
- Snack size Baggies, 90 ct, 3 pack
- Avocado Cutter (splits, pits, and slices!)
- Muffin Tins, 12 cup
- Sandwich Knife & Condiment Spreader
See all of our 31 Days of Healthy Snack Recipes here!
Other â€œ31 Days ofâ€ Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals