Another delicious and simple 5-ingredient (plus a spice!) meal for you to try!
This recipe takes all the amazing flavors of chicken fajitas and puts them into sandwich form.
Make a melt…with grilled chicken strips, topped with sauteed peppers and onions, some melted cheese on top. This meal originally was born out of a “pantry challenge” and turns out it was an amazing meal and we’ve made it often since then!
Because it’s so easy to “see” how to make and won’t take long to put together, I had to share it as part of this 5-ingredient meal series!
Here’s a peak at how these sandwiches come together…
Cut bread to the size sandwich that you want. Add salsa.
Slice up the grilled chicken. Or use batch grilled chicken.
Lay a couple strips of grilled chicken over the salsa.
Top with sauteed veggies. Then cheese. Melt in microwave or under broiler. Serve.
- 1 loaf French bread, sliced
- 2 chicken breasts, grilled
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 12 oz bag frozen peppers and onion blend
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 4 slices Pepper Jack cheese
- Side ideas: fresh fruit
- Slice the bread open lengthwise and then cut into sandwich size.
- Season the chicken breasts with theground cumin and salt and pepper,and grill on both sides until cooked through. Let cool slightly, then slice into thin strips.
- Saute the frozen peppers and onions with some salt and pepperfor about 3-5 minutes, or until the water has cooked off and they begin to caramelize.
- To assemble, spread the salsa on the bottom of the bread. Add the grilled chicken slices, the sauted peppers and onions, then top with a slice of cheese.
- Microwave or put under the broiler to melt the cheese, if necessary.
- Serve Chicken Fajita Sandwiches with fresh fruit.
Pin all of our 31 Days of 5-Ingredient Meals here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for 5-Ingredient Meal Supplies:
- Long-Handle Wooden Measuring Spoons, set of 4
- 6 oz. glass custard cups, set of 4
- Dishwasher safe Cutting Boards, set of 4
- Knife Set with Block, 7 piece set (my FAVORITE knives)
- Rubbermaid Food Storage Containers with lids, 42 piece set
See all of our 31 Days of 5-Ingredient Meals here!
Other 31 Days of Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Healthy Snacks
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Meals