Eat your heart out hamburger helper…this homemade version is so simple! And so much tastier!!!
I adore making skillet meals like this one. If you’ve never made a skillet dinner, I highly recommend starting with this one.
It goes like this…
Brown the ground beef.
Mix in some tomato sauce.
Add liquid (broth or water) – broth gives a deeper flavor and tastier end result!
Cover and simmer to let the pasta cook.
Remove from the heat so the pasta doesn’t over cook and get all mushy!
Top with cheese….
Ok, so now that we’ve run down the how-to. It’s your turn to get this onto your dinner table…
This is a MyFreezEasy Featured Recipe in October – learn more here!
Cheeseburger Pasta Skillet ~ NEW 31 Days of Kid Friendly Recipes
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 1/4 cups beef broth (or water)
- 12 oz. small shell pasta noodles
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- Fresh parsley, chopped, optional garnish
- Fresh veggies, as side dish
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef with the minced onion and garlic powder. Drain and return to skillet. Stir in the tomato sauce and Italian seasoning. Bring to bubbling.
- Pour in the beef broth and add the pasta noodles. Press the noodles into the liquid, then cover and simmer over medium low heat for 8 to 10 minutes, or until pasta is done. Remove from heat immediately.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top.
- Serve Cheeseburger Pasta Skillet with fresh veggies.
Pin all of our 31 Days of Kid Friendly Recipes here!
Erinâ€™s Personal Recommendations for Supplies to Help Make these Recipes:
- Wilton 24 Cavity Pumpkin Silicon Mold
- Individual Brownie Bar Pan, 24 cavities
- Mini Loaf Pan, 8 cavities
- Classic Round Waffle Maker
- 6 inch Bamboo Skewers, 100 ct
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Dark Melting Wafers, 12 oz.
- Washburn Dad’s Wrapped Root Beer Barrels, 2 lbs.
See all of our 31 Days of Kid Friendly Recipes here!
Other â€œ31 Days ofâ€ Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 5-Ingredient Meals
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of FreezEasy Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Healthy Snacks
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Meals