I love getting to spend time with my boys in the kitchen. (Even when they pretend like that are “TapeFace” – America’s Got Talent contestant – and only talk to me with their eyes.)
But today, it’s Cuatro who is helping me with these calzones! He continues to prove himself as a tiny sous chef and I enjoyed watching and helping him get these ready for the oven. Rolling dough is always a huge hit with toddlers – something about the cause and effect, and the fact that they helped make their meal!
I ended up making a second tray and put some in the freezer. I’m hoping they’ll stay in the freezer until school starts, so I’ve got a quick lunch box option. But I don’t think they will…unless I hide them in the back corner. (Maybe I should go do that right now??? lol)
I won’t…I’ll plan to make another batch of these when it’s closer to school starting!
I’m planning on sharing a “Breakfast Biscuit Calzone” recipe soon too – same concept, but eggs and bacon inside instead of the pizza toppings! And probably salsa in place of the pizza sauce. I’m drooling just thinking about those…
Anywho….hope you enjoy these biscuit calzones!
- 8 count can refrigerated biscuit dough
- 8 oz pizza sauce
- 4 oz pepperoni
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- Fresh fruit, as side dish
- Preheat oven to 4oo F. Line a baking sheet with silicone baking mat or lightly grease with non-stick cooking spray.
- Roll out the biscuit dough until flattened and add spoonful of pizza sauce, then add a few slices of pepperoni, chopped bell peppers (or other favorite pizza toppings) and a hefty pinchful of shredded cheese.
- Fold the biscuit dough around the filling ingredients and pinch closed. Repeat until 8 calzones are made.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until dough is cooked through and begins to golden on top.
- Prepare the fruit.
- Serve Biscuit Calzones with fresh fruit.
Pin all of our 31 Days of 5-Ingredient Meals here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for 5-Ingredient Meal Supplies:
- Long-Handle Wooden Measuring Spoons, set of 4
- 6 oz. glass custard cups, set of 4
- Dishwasher safe Cutting Boards, set of 4
- Knife Set with Block, 7 piece set (my FAVORITE knives)
- Rubbermaid Food Storage Containers with lids, 42 piece set
See all of our 31 Days of 5-Ingredient Meals here!
Other 31 Days of Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Healthy Snacks
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Meals