If you are a regular smoothie maker, add this one to your rotation! And you MUST make this when blueberries are on sale at your local grocery store. Blueberries + vanilla yogurt + vanilla + a smidge of protein from almond butter…you’ll slurp this smoothie right up!!!
My boys are still confused (heck, so am I!) about why blueberries aren’t called purple-blueberries. Yes, when they are pulled off the bush, the skin is blue. But as they ripen, they take on a morado-like color. And when you blend them…purple!
So why not blu-pleberries?
Maybe we should start a petition to rename blueberries to “blu-pleberries”???
But I’m not kidding about this smoothie…get your hands on some blueberries and make it ASAP!!!
- 1 cup ice
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla Greek yogurt
- 4 Tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Water, to your preferred smoothie consistency
- In your blender, combine the ice, blueberries, yogurt, almond butter, and vanilla.
- Add cold water until all the ingredients are covered.
- Blend until completely smooth and enjoy!
Pin all of our 31 Days of Healthy Snack Recipes here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Healthy Snacks Supplies:
- Apple Corer
- Flexible Cutting Boards, 4 pack
- Snack size Baggies, 90 ct, 3 pack
- Avocado Cutter (splits, pits, and slices!)
- Muffin Tins, 12 cup
- Sandwich Knife & Condiment Spreader
See all of our 31 Days of Healthy Snack Recipes here!
Other 31 Days of Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals