There’s something about coconut milk curries that just perfectly cooks beef and chicken…especially when the meat is sliced uber-thin. With this curry, you want to “shock” the small amount of juices that are in the thin slices of beef by sautéing them over high heat. Then you stir in the coconut milk and curry powder and simmer the beef in the coconut milk…further softening it and giving it time to soak in the deep flavors from the sauce.
If you want to add more flavors to this, I’d suggest minced garlic or minced ginger (from the jar, available on the Asian aisle…but don’t buy it just for this!) But it’s delicious as it’s written 🙂
Also…look closely in the meat case because you might find pre-sliced sirloin strips. My store usually has them and it’s just nice to have one less step to do to get dinner ready!
Beef Coconut Curry
Yield – 6 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 minutes*
- Vegetable or canola oil, few drops
- 1 1/2 lbs. thinly sliced top sirloin
- 13 oz. can coconut milk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp curry powder
- 3 stalks green onion, chopped
- 1 cup brown rice
- Prepare rice as directed on package. (Note brown rice can take up to 50 minutes to cook.)*
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat with a few drops of vegetable oil. Add the top sirloin strips. Cook over medium until all the beef is lightly browned.
- Add the coconut milk and curry powder to the pan. Stir to combine and reduce heat. Simmer over low heat until mixture is heated through, about 5 minutes.
- While the sauce finishes, chop the green onion for a topping.
- Serve Beef Coconut Curry over rice topped with green onions.
Pin all of our 31 Days of 5-Ingredient Meals here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for 5-Ingredient Meal Supplies:
- Long-Handle Wooden Measuring Spoons, set of 4
- 6 oz. glass custard cups, set of 4
- Dishwasher safe Cutting Boards, set of 4
- Knife Set with Block, 7 piece set (my FAVORITE knives)
- Rubbermaid Food Storage Containers with lids, 42 piece set
See all of our 31 Days of 5-Ingredient Meals here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Healthy Snacks
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Meals