Staying home for Valentine’s Day? Here are some recipes for a special, yet simple dinner with your loved ones!
A few tips for having a special dinner, whether it’s just you and your spouse… or you’re feeding the whole family on Valentine’s Day!
- Start looking for your main dish protein early. Snag your favorite cut of meat, or favorite seafood on sale! Toss in the freezer to save for Valentine’s Day, for a budget-friendly gourmet meal!
- Make as much as you can ahead of time, so you aren’t stressed when it’s time for dinner. Many of the recipes below are even freezer friendly if you REALLY want to get one step ahead.
- Ask the family for help! Valentine’s Day is all about love, and there’s nothing more lovely than everyone helping with some part of the meal.
- Bring out the nice dishes. Nice could just be non-paper plates, or it could be your Great Grandmother’s fine China. It’s not always fun doing the dishes, but it’s special to use those dishes every once in a while. So just do it.
- If you’re having a family dinner, toss some colored paper on the table and have everyone write one thing they love about each person at the table. GREAT conversation starter!