As a busy mom, I love seeing adorable and delicious ideas like this…because this is actually something that I can pull off…that doesn’t require the skill of a surgeon or expert cookie decorator! (lol)
I sometimes get discouraged when I see all the amazing and clever ideas for holiday treats……and then realize that I’m just not that pinteresting mom. So I don’t even bother.
But then there’s this.
Simple cookie dough. (I can get behind that.)
Rolled in pink and sparkly sprinkles. (I need more pink in my life. And the boys will totally want to help with this.)
And they don’t take any extra time or effort to make. (I can easily fit this into our schedule.)
See where this is going.
Cute, pink cookies that I could actually accomplish in my busy day-week-Valentine’s Day!
And I hope you can too…..
Much love to you this V-Day! <3 <3 <3
Valentine's Peanut Butter Cookies
- 3/4 cup salted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 2 cups + 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- Valentine Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand or stand mixer to beat the softened butter, sugar, and light brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the vanilla extract, peanut butter, and egg.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and cornstarch. Mix into the wet ingredients and combine.
- Pour the sprinkles into a small bowl.
- Form the dough into small balls, roll into your Valentine sprinkles bowl, and place onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until lightly browned, and let cool for a few minutes before munching on them.
- Serve Valentine's Day Peanut Butter Cookies, as a fun and sparkly dessert!
Nikki Westervelt says
Made these yesterday and they were so good! They are not the traditional crunchy cookie but rather a delightful soft and chewy. I normally am not a peanut butter cookie eater but my 8 months pregnant self saw these and needed them in my mouth! So glad I decided to try them out. Will definitely be making these again!