Happy Valentine’s Day!
Here’s a simple and easy treat/snack for the little people that you love!
This is how easy they are to make…
Sugars and melted butter.
Add those dry ingredients and mix mix mix.
Once the dough comes together…
Add the chocolate chips and pink, red and white M&Ms!
Press the dough into the foil lined baking pan. Then dot the top with more M&Ms and chocolate chips (so they “show” after baking!)
- 1/2 cup salted butter melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Valentine M&M's
- 3" Heart shaped cookie cutter
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a 9x9-inch baking dish with foil. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the melted butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Slowly fold in the flour and baking powder.
- Add in the chocolate chips and Valentine M&M's.
- Pour the cookie dough into the prepared baking dish and press a few extra chocolate chips and Valentine M&M's on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely before cutting into heart shapes.
- Once the cookie bars have cooled, gently lift them from the baking dish using the foil.
- Use the Heart cookie cutter to cut out the cookie bars and close together as possible alternating the cookie cutter up and down to get the most cookies. Feel free to eat the "extra cookie bars" yourself - not that I did that, or anything?! 😉
- Enjoy your pink, red and white Valentine's Day Dessert - Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars!