Yes. Yes…this one is a little more expensive than some of the other new paleo recipes I’ve shared in this series…because well, salmon is just more expensive.
But, it’s crazy delicious and only calls for a few ingredients! And I really wanted to share it with you!
Treat yourself with this one sometime!
Add salt and pepper and red curry paste to the salmon fillets. Then flip them over in the skillet and saute the curry side down for a few minutes.
Flip them over and add the coconut milk.
Let the salmon finish cooking in the coconut milk-turned curry sauce. The coconut milk will take on some of the curry paste that you sauteed minutes earlier, and you’ll throw in a few more spices as well.
The end result is frugal-gourmet. A perfectly cooked piece of salmon, soaked in an delicious coconut-red curry sauce.
Paleo Coconut-Curry Salmon
- salmon fillets, about 1/4 lb. each, skin removed
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp red curry paste
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 15 oz can light coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- Fresh veggies, as side dish
- Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Spread about 1-2 tsp of red curry paste onto the top side of each fillet.
- Add the olive oil to a skillet, heat it up and roll it around to coat the bottom of the skillet. Place the salmon fillet 'red curry side down' into the oil and saute them for 3-4 minutes.
- Flip them over and then quickly pour in the coconut milk.
- Gently stir the coconut milk in and around the salmon, lifting the salmon fillets so the coconut milk spreads under the fillet.
- Whisk in the ground ginger and crushed red pepper. Season curry sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook salmon for another 5-7 minutes, or until cooking through. Cooking time may vary depending on thickness of the fillets.
- Prepare veggie side dishes.
- Serve Coconut-Curry Salmon with veggies.
Leave a Reply