It’s as good as it looks.
This is a simple red curry sauce with some veggies and the mild whitefish, cod. If you’re not a fish fan, you could certainly substitute the white fish for small pieces of chicken, beef or pork. Also, this would be amazing with salmon too!
Tip for slow cooking fish: remove any skin and then add to the whole fish into the sauce in the slow cooker. Once the fish is slow cooked, it will be very easy to “flake it” out into smaller bite size pieces.
Also, the basil garnish…don’t skip that on this one. It really completes the flavor profile of this meal!
- 2 15 oz. cans light coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp red curry paste
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 12 oz bag julienned carrots or matchstick carrots
- 1 lb. cod fish fillet
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil and/or green onion, garnish
- 1 cup brown rice, as side dish
- To the slow cooker insert, add the cans of coconut milk and whisk in the curry paste, curry powder, ground ginger and garlic powder.
- Carefully stir in the sliced bell peppers, carrots and then gently place the cod fillet into the sauce. You can add it whole, as it will be easier to break into bite size pieces after it slow cooks.
- Set on low and cook for 2 hours. Once cooked, gently break apart the cod into bite size pieces. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare rice as directed on package.
- Serve Slow Cooker Curried Cod over rice with cilantro and green onion garnish.
Pin all of our 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Recipes here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Slow Cooker Supplies:
- Crockpot 6 quart Programmable Touch Screen ~ Great price for great slow cooker!
- All Clad 7 qt ~ A great slow cooker with a cast aluminum insert that can brown meat on the stove top and then go straight into the slow cooker. One dish dinner!
- Crockpot 6 quart programmable ~ Slow Cooker with WeMo, a free smartphone app.
- Instant Pot, 6 qt ~ reasonably priced instant pot, if time = money, then you need this in your kitchen.
- Slow Cooker Liners ~ because less mess equals more fun in the summer sun!
See all of our 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Recipes here!
Other 31 Days of Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Healthy Snacks
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals