So this started out as a blackberry crisp…then as I started pulling it all together to cook for dessert, it morphed into a blackberry-raspberry cobbler. Crisps usually have oats in them, this one doesn’t…it’s made with yellow cake mix.
This poor dessert recipe is having a bit of an identity crisis – it’s part crisp-part cobbler, but really it’s a cobbler.
But let me tell you what really matters.
The fact that it’s ridiculously delicious.
This is what it looks like when it’s finished…see how it kinda looks like a crisp, but there aren’t any oats. So it’s really a cobbler. We’re back to the identity crisis thing.
Blackberries plus raspberries plus cake mix topping = the perfect summer dessert!
(Oh and not pictured…but this is best served warm with scoop of vanilla bean ice cream melting all over it!)
Slow Cooker Raspberry-Blackberry Crisp
Yield – 4-6 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 3 hours on low
- 2 pints raspberries
- 2 pints blackberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 tsp vanilla (or use homemade vanilla extract!)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream topping
- Spray slow cooker generously with non-stick cooking spray.
- Toss together the raspberries and blackberries in the base of the slow cooker and toss with the sugar, cinnamon and cornstarch.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the yellow cake mix, vanilla and melted butter. Toss well until crumbly mixture forms.
- Spread the topping evenly over the berries in the base of the slow cooker.
- Set on low and cook for 3 hours.
- Serve Raspberry-Blackberry Cobbler with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Pin all of our 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Recipes here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Slow Cooker Supplies:
- Crockpot 6 quart Programmable Touch Screen ~ Great price for great slow cooker!
- All Clad 7 qt ~ A great slow cooker with a cast aluminum insert that can brown meat on the stove top and then go straight into the slow cooker. One dish dinner!
- Crockpot 6 quart programmable ~ Slow Cooker with WeMo, a free smartphone app.
- Instant Pot, 6 qt ~ reasonably priced instant pot, if time = money, then you need this in your kitchen.
- Slow Cooker Liners ~ because less mess equals more fun in the summer sun!
See all of our 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Healthy Snacks
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals