Welcome to the 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker series that we’ll be hosting here in May!
This is the first recipe that we’re sharing in the series and I thought we should start with a dessert. Ya know, because dessert first???
This peaches (and cream) cobbler just bleeds summer goodness, and I can’t wait to share other summer slow cooker dessert recipes with you this month. I used frozen peaches because I like the way they slow cook with the spices and sugar. Also, I toss in some ground ginger because the peach and ginger flavors complement so well. If you’re not a ginger fan, just add a little more cinnamon to replace it.
Please note the cook time on this is only 3 hours. 2 hours isn’t quite long enough to cook the cake-cobbler part all the way through, and 4 hours is too long, but you could set it for 4 if that works better for your schedule. 3 hours is just right.
And if you look closely in the photo below the recipe, you’ll see a very elongated me in the reflection of the spoon! 😉
Slow Cooker Peach Cobbler Recipe
- 16 oz frozen peaches
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, topping
- Generously spray the insert of the slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the frozen peaches to the base of the slow cooker. Sprinkle the ginger, cinnamon and 1/4 cup of the sugar over the frozen peaches and gently toss together.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the baking mix, milk and the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar until thick dough forms. Spread the dough over top of the peaches.
- Set on low for 3 hours.
- Serve Peach Cobbler with ice cream or whipped cream topping.
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Slow Cooker Supplies:
- Crockpot 6 qtÂ Elume ~ Great price for great slow cooker!
- All Clad 7 qt ~ A great slow cooker with a cast aluminum insert that can brown meat on the stove top and then go straight into the slow cooker. One dish dinner!
- Crockpot 6 qt WiFI enabled & programmable ~ Slow Cooker with WeMo, a free smartphone app.
- Instant Pot pressure cooker 6 qt ~ reasonably priced instant pot, if time = money for you, then you need this in your kitchen.
- Slow Cooker Liners ~ because less mess equals more fun in the summer sun!
See all of our 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Recipes here!
Other 31 Days of Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Healthy Snacks
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
[…] Slow Cooker Peaches and Cream Cobbler from $5 Dinners […]