Have you ever cooked salmon in the slow cooker? It’s perfect…it doesn’t dry out on the thin edges like it can when you bake it or grill it.
It only takes an hour, so it’s a great “budget friendly gourmet” option for a late summer dinner. Drop it in the slow cooker as soon as you get home and in an hour, you’ll have perfect salmon.
This maple dijon sauce is divine…and if you don’t have maple, substitute honey!
Yum, yum, yumilicious!
Slow Cooker Maple Dijon Salmon
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 1 hour on high
- 1 lb. salmon, cut into 1/4 lb. pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 Tbsp maple syrup
- 4 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- Dinner rolls, as side dish
- Fresh veggies, as side dish
- Line the slow cooker insert with parchment paper.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the maple syrup and the Dijon mustard.
- Place the salmon pieces onto the parchment paper inside of the slow cooker. Pour the maple Dijon sauce over the top.
- Set on high and cook for 1 hour.
- Warm dinner rolls and prepare veggies, as needed.
- Once salmon is cooked, carefully lift it out of the slow cooker onto a shallow serving dish. Remove skin before serving.
- Serve Maple Dijon Salmon with side of dinner rolls and veggies.
Notes: You might need to cook on high for 1½ hours, depending on thickness of the salmon fillets. Thicker fillets will take up to 1½ hours to cook through.
Pin all of our 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Recipes here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Slow Cooker Supplies:
- Crockpot 6 quart Programmable Touch Screen ~ Great price for great slow cooker!
- All Clad 7 qt ~ A great slow cooker with a cast aluminum insert that can brown meat on the stove top and then go straight into the slow cooker. One dish dinner!
- Crockpot 6 quart programmable ~ Slow Cooker with WeMo, a free smartphone app.
- Instant Pot, 6 qt ~ reasonably priced instant pot, if time = money, then you need this in your kitchen.
- Slow Cooker Liners ~ because less mess equals more fun in the summer sun!
See all of our 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Healthy Snacks
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals