This is pulled pork heaven right here. Better than my favorite BBQ joint. I think it’s the sweet and tangy. As you can see from the photo below, I used a balsamic glaze. I found it in the grocery store, right near the vinegar on the condiment aisle. You could use straight balsamic vinegar. The glaze is just a thickened up vinegar and did an amazing job coating the beef as it cooked down in the slow cooker.
Also, I’d add about 3/4 cups of water to help tenderize the pork as it softens in the slow cooker. It will also help keep the balsamic vinegar/glaze from burning around the edges.
It slow cooks the day away in this amazing tangy, sweet glaze that melts into a sauce…leaving you with a pile of perfectly flavored pulled pork meat. Serve it on sandwiches, sliders or all by itself!
Balsamic Pulled Pork
- 2 lbs boneless pork roast
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar or balsamic glaze
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh veggies, as side dish
- Chips, as side dish
- Cut up the pork roast into 4 pieces and place them into the base of the slow cooker. Sprinkle the brown sugar, minced onion and garlic powder over the roast. Drizzle the balsamic vinegar or balsamic glaze over the roast and spices. Season with salt and pepper.
- Set the slow cooker on low and cook for 8 hours.
- Prepare veggies, as needed.
- Serve Balsamic Pulled Pork with veggies and chips.
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Slow Cooker Supplies:
- Crockpot 6 quart Programmable Touch Screen ~ Great price for great slow cooker!
- All Clad 7 qt ~ Agreat slow cooker with a cast aluminum insert that can brown meat on the stove top and then go straight into the slow cooker. One dish dinner!
- Crockpot 6 quart programmable ~ Slow Cooker with WeMo, a free smartphone app.
- Instant Pot, 6 qt ~ reasonably priced instant pot, if time = money, then you need this in your kitchen.
- Slow Cooker Liners ~ because less mess equals more fun in the summer sun!
See all of our 31 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Recipes here!
Other 31 Days of Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Healthy Snacks
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals