Ya know…quesadillas don’t have to be all tex-mex-y!!!
I’m calling this sweet goodness pictured above a “quesadilla” but there isn’t any cheese or queso. But there is some almond butter to act as the ‘glue’ in this snack.
But somehow “almondbuttadilla” just isn’t working for me…so I’m sticking with quesadilla. 😉
This amazing snack calls for almond butter (peanut butter works too!) raspberries and mini chocolate chips. And of course, some tortillas.
You make them just as you would a quesadilla…lay out the filling on half of the tortilla, then fold and warm up on a hot, lightly greased skillet or griddle. And bam…
You end up with this gooey-sweet goodness. *drool*
These are a wonderful afternoon snack…as they are well balanced with the right amount of protein, fruit and touch of sugar…and will keep the kids (and you!) full until dinner!
- 4 burrito size flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Lay the 4 tortillas flat on the counter. Spread a few spoonfuls of almond butter onto half of each tortilla. Add a few raspberries and few pinchfuls of mini chocolate chips onto the almond butter. Fold the tortilla in half and press lightly.
- Heat up a small skillet and lightly grease with non stick cooking spray.
- Grill over medium high heat for a few minutes on each side, until almond butter is melty and tortilla is golden brown. Press lightly with flat spatula, as needed.
- Slice with pizza cutter into smaller pieces.
- Serve Raspberry & Chocolate Chip Quesadillas.
Pin all of our 31 Days of Healthy Snack Recipes here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Healthy Snacks Supplies:
- Apple Corer
- Flexible Cutting Boards, 4 pack
- Snack size Baggies, 90 ct, 3 pack
- Avocado Cutter (splits, pits, and slices!)
- Muffin Tins, 12 cup
- Sandwich Knife & Condiment Spreader
See all of our 31 Days of Healthy Snack Recipes here!
Other 31 Days of Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals