Yes, before you jump on my case about this month being the “31 Days of Healthy Snacks” series…I know these are not healthy.
But I’m including them anyways, because they are the most.adorable.cookies.I.have.ever.seen.
Those sweet little peeps and their ‘eggs’ – LOL!!!!!!!
Not healthy, but will make you and your little people smile this coming week!
Follow the recipe below or make your favorite chocolate-chocolate chip cookies, then top with icing, peeps and jelly beans…
Marshmallow Peep Chocolate Easter Cookies
The sweetest, easiest, and most adorable Easter treat!
Servings - 18 cookies
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 Betty Crocker yellow cookie icing pouch
- 18 marshmallow peeps
- 1/2 cup jelly beans
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the cake mix, eggs and vegetable oil. Mix until well blended.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the cookie dough into 1 inch balls and place on cookie sheets at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Cool on pan for 5 minutes and then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Ice each cookie with the yellow cookie icing squeeze pouch.
- Before the icing dries, place a marshmallow peep on top of each cookie.
- Sprinkle a few jelly beans next to each peep.
- Serve Chocolate Easter Marshmallow Peep Cookies as a fun holiday treat!
Pin all of our 31 Days of Healthy Snack Recipes here!
Follow $5 Dinners’ board 31 Days of Healthy Snacks on Pinterest.
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Healthy Snacks Supplies:
- Apple Corer
- Flexible Cutting Boards, 4 pack
- Snack size Baggies, 90 ct, 3 pack
- Avocado Cutter (splits, pits, and slices!)
- Muffin Tins, 12 cup
- Sandwich Knife & Condiment Spreader
See all of our 31 Days of Healthy Snack Recipes here!
Other 31 Days of Series to check out:
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats
- 31 Days of Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
Leave a Reply