My boys ask for these Caramel Apple Nachos about once a week.
I don’t always have caramel sauce on hand…or time to make a homemade caramel sauce…but that goes to show how amazing this little snack is right here!
I thought…as we move into the new year that our holiday sweets and treats series should try to be ‘quasi-healthy’ – so here’s a quasi-healthy dessert featuring APPLES. It’s a feeble attempt at bringing you a lower calorie dessert as we start thinking about shedding our holiday pounds and getting back into shape with the fresh start in the new year!
(Never mind the caramel sauce and sweet toppings! lol)
Caramel Apple Nachos
- 1 cup caramel sauce
- 4 apples cored and sliced
- Toppings ideas: crushed peanuts, crushed pecans, chopped almonds, crushed Oreos, mini chocolate chips, chopped white chocolate chips...
- If necessary, warm the caramel sauce to spread it around on the bottom of the serving plate.
- Slice the apples. If the apples will be sitting out, you might want to soak the slices in water with a teaspoon of lemon juice to prevent browning. Pat them dry before adding to the serving plate.
- Top with whatever sweet and salty toppings you wish and serve!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Sweets & Treats Supplies:
- Silpat Baking Mats
- Wilton Parchment Paper
- AirBake Baking Sheets, 3 pack
- Silicone Brownie Squares Baking Mold
- Silicone Snowflake Mold
- Christmas Themed Lollipop Candy Mold
- Silicone Baking Molds: Green Christmas Tree Cake Pans, set of 4
- 12 Cup Silicone Muffin & Cupcake Baking Pan
See all of our 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
Leave a Reply