Here we are. The final day of August. And the final new recipe in my 31 Days of 31-Minute Meals series. This past month, we have shared some amazing quick and easy dinners that you can have on the table in 31 minutes or less.
We resurrected our favorite older recipes that can be made in less than 31 minutes. We also shared a bunch of brand new recipes this month. And we’re ending with this one.
This recipe is a ‘knock-off’ from my uber popular Slow Cooker Black Bean & Corn Enchiladas. But these are made in the oven instead.
Since there isn’t any meat to cook and you really just have to get them warmed up and the cheese melted, it’s not hard to get them on the table in 31 minutes. Here’s a rough look at what that looks like:
- 10 minutes – preheat oven, get ingredients together and mixed up.
- 10 minutes – roll enchiladas and get them in the pan.
- 10 minutes – bake and melt the cheese.
I really wish there was a way for you to get a spatula, reach through the screen and get these babies onto your dinner plates!!! 😉
Note: These are freezer friendly, and I highly recommend making a second pan while the first one is baking. Just cover it with some foil and freeze!
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed
- 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz. can corn, drained
- 4 oz. can green chilies
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Juice from 1 lime
- Salt and pepper
- 12 oz can red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded quesadilla blend cheese, or Mexican blend cheese
- Fresh veggies, as side dish
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine the black beans, corn, green chilies, red bell pepper, ground cumin and lime juice. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Roll the black-bean and corn mixture into the 12 corn tortillas and place seam side down in the prepared baking dish.
- Pour the red enchilada sauce over the top of the enchiladas, then sprinkle the shredded cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Prepare veggies.
- Serve Black Bean & Corn Enchiladas with veggies.
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for 31-Minute Recipe Supplies:
- Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized 12-Inch Skillet with Glass Cover
- Black & Decker 3-Cup Dry/6-Cup Cooked Rice Cooker
- Pyrex 2 pk Clear Baking Dishes
- Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven, 4.5 qt
- Rubbermaid 12-Piece New Premier Food Storage Container Set – Dishwasher, microwave, and freezer safe; BPA free
See all of our 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinner Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes