Love me some quesadillas.
Quesa-dillas. (Saids like arma-dillo. Really, arma-dilla.)
Really, you pronounce the dilla with a “y” sound in place of the “ll”…but I’m silly and call them Quesa-dillas.
I like to add a tiny dollop of sour cream, then salsa and then a jalapeño to each bite!
Zippy, zesty and crazy yummy!!!
Avocado and Black Bean Quesadillas
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 minutes
- 2 medium avocados
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (can substitute lemon juice)
- 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 4 tortillas, use 10 inch burrito size
- 2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- sour cream and salsa, optional for serving
- Fresh fruit, as side dish
- Heat your griddle to 375 degrees.
- Seed, peel, and slice the avocados into slices each. In a small bowl, toss the avocado slices with the lime juice. Gently toss to evenly coat the slices. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir the cumin in with the black beans. Set aside.
- Place a tortilla on the griddle. Cook for 30 seconds and then flip.
- Immediately on one half of the tortilla, add 4 avocado slices, 1/2 cup of cheese, and a few tablespoons of black beans (about 1/4 of the contents of the can).
- Fold the empty half of the tortilla onto the toppings. Cook like this for about 2 minutes. The cheese should be starting to melt.
- Flip the quesadilla and brown the other side until all the cheese is melted. This should take about 2 minutes. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Slice into triangles and serve warm with optional sour cream and salsa and fresh fruit.
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for 31-Minute Recipe Supplies:
- Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized 12-Inch Skillet with Glass Cover
- Black & Decker 3-Cup Dry/6-Cup Cooked Rice Cooker
- Pyrex 2 pk Clear Baking Dishes
- Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven, 4.5 qt
- Rubbermaid 12-Piece New Premier Food Storage Container Set – Dishwasher, microwave, and freezer safe; BPA free
See all of our 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinner Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes