Love me some quesadillas.
Quesa-dillas. (Saids like arma-dillo. Really, arma-dilla.)
Really, you pronounce the dilla with a “y” sound in place of the “ll”…but I’m silly and call them Quesa-dillas.
I like to add a tiny dollop of sour cream, then salsa and then a jalapeno to each bite!
Zippy, zesty and crazy yummy!!!
Avocado and Black Bean Quesadillas
Zippy, zesty and crazy yummy quesadillas!
Servings - 4 servings
- 2 medium avocados
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 15 oz. can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 4 large flour tortillas use 10 inch burrito size
- 2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- sour cream and salsa, optional for serving
- Fresh fruit, as side dish
- Heat your griddle to 375 degrees.
- Seed, peel, and slice the avocados into slices each. In a small bowl, toss the avocado slices with the lime juice. Gently toss to evenly coat the slices. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir the cumin in with the black beans. Set aside.
- Place a tortilla on the griddle. Cook for 30 seconds and then flip.
- Immediately on one half of the tortilla, add 4 avocado slices, 1/2 cup of cheese, and a few tablespoons of black beans (about 1/4 of the contents of the can).
- Fold the empty half of the tortilla onto the toppings. Cook like this for about 2 minutes. The cheese should be starting to melt.
- Flip the quesadilla and brown the other side until all the cheese is melted. This should take about 2 minutes. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Slice into trianglesand serve warm with optional sour cream and salsa and fresh fruit.
Leave a Reply