Remember last week how I told you that the white wine combined with the beef stock makes for a much richer and flavorful French Onion Soup?
Well, this week we’re turning to beer…specifically Negra Modelo beer. You don’t need much and can absolutely substitute with beef broth.
BUT…just like the French Onion Soup, the beer brings up the flavors and makes for a ridiculously delicious soup. Not to mention, a super budget-friendly soup too!
Give this a try and let me know what you think! #negramodeloFTW
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup bell peppers, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 6 slices bacon, chopped into half inch pieces
- 3 cups beef stock
- 1 cup of Negra Modelo (You can substitute another cup of beef stock, if you prefer.)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 15 oz black beans, drained and rinsed (or 2 cups homemade cooked black beans, drained)
- In a medium pot, over medium heat, add diced onions, minced garlic, and diced bell peppers. Saute 2 - 3 minutes until the onions become slightly translucent.
- Add ground beef and bacon. Brown well. Do not drain.
- Add beef stock, Negra Modelo, and all salt and spices.
- Bring to a low simmer and continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add beans and bring back up to simmer for 2-3 minutes until everything is hot.
- Serve Negra Modelo Black Bean and Beef Soup.
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Chili, Soup & Stew Supplies:
- 6 qt. Cast Iron Dutch Oven
- 12 qt Large Nonstick Stockpot
- 6.5 qt. Programmable Touchscreen Slow Cooker
- Stainless Steel Soup Ladle (dishwasher safe!)
- 4 piece Stoneware Soup Bowl Set
See all of our 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners