If you’re a long time reader of $5 Dinners or you follow me on Instagram, you probably already know that I’m completely obsessed with caramelizing onions.
While they are delicious to eat just by themselves right out of the skillet, they are even tasty when added to the right dish. In this case, that would be cornbread.
This is a basic chili with beans paired with the perfect homemade cornbread with caramelized onions both mixed into the batter and added on top!
Pin all of our 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews here!
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Chili, Soup & Stew Supplies:
- 6 qt. Cast Iron Dutch Oven
- 12 qt Large Nonstick Stockpot
- 6.5 qt. Programmable Touchscreen Slow Cooker
- Stainless Steel Soup Ladle (dishwasher safe!)
- 4 piece Stoneware Soup Bowl Set
See all of our 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners