Better. The best chicken strips I’ve ever made…maybe!?
These homemade chicken strips are so, so, so, so much better than other chicken strips. I think it’s the combination of the salty potato chips with the sour cream and paprika based dipping process.
Oh, and the fact that the kids made these completely on their own. My oldest son is 10 years old and I’m really working hard to get him to learn some basic skills and tasks in the kitchen.
What better recipe/meal to have him help out with than his beloved chicken strips.
He also declared these better than other chicken strips!
I set up all the ‘dipping stations’ while he watched and I talked him through the process. He also crushed the potato chips and got them ready for their stations. We walked through it like this…
- Chicken strips (I used thin chicken breasts from the store and cut them lengthwise in half. You could also use chicken tenderloins.)
- Dip in sour cream-egg mixture.
- Dip and roll in the potato chips.
- Place in the baking dish.
I demonstrated the first one and he did the rest. It warms my heart knowing that my boys will at least know how to make their own meals when they are older!
And now for the recipe….get your stations set up and make these amazing potato chip chicken strips!
Potato Chip Chicken Strips
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper, each
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenderloins
- 3 cups potato chips, crushed
- Ranch dressing, for dipping (homemade ranch dressing recipe)
- Fresh fruit, as side dish
- Preheat oven to 400. Lightly spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, sour cream, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- If using chicken breasts, slice into tenders size.
- Place the crushed potato chips in a shallow dish.
- Dip each chicken tender into the egg-sour cream mixture, then coat with potato chips and place into the baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until all chicken pieces have cooked through. Cooking time may vary depending on thickness of your chicken tenders.
- Prepare fresh fruit.
- Serve Potato Chip Chicken Tenders with fresh fruit and ranch dressing for dipping.
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for 31-Minute Recipe Supplies:
- Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized 12-Inch Skillet with Glass Cover
- Black & Decker 3-Cup Dry/6-Cup Cooked Rice Cooker
- Pyrex 2 pk Clear Baking Dishes
- Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven, 4.5 qt
- Rubbermaid 12-Piece New Premier Food Storage Container Set – Dishwasher, microwave, and freezer safe; BPA free
See all of our 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinner Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
Leave a Reply