Fire up the broiler and call everyone for dinner! This one doesn’t take long to get on the table at all!
The reason…the meat in a cheesesteak is super thin and doesn’t take long to cook at all. You’ll spend more time slicing up the bell peppers than you will sautÃ©ing everything together!
The flavors in this are simple, just as they should be. The only note I’ll add is that I used pepper Jack cheese to give it a spicy kick. You could use a milder Monterey Jack or the traditional-to-Philly-cheesesteaks Provolone cheese.
That’s it…here’s yet another amazing and delicious dinner you can have on the table in a flash!
Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich ~ 30 Minute Dinners
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 4 oz. white mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb. top sirloin steak, thinly sliced against the grain
- 4 hoagie or sub rolls
- 8 slices pepper Jack cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh fruit, as side dish
- Favorite chips, as side dish
- Turn the broiler on in the oven.
- Add the sliced onion, bell pepper and mushrooms to large skillet and saute until tender. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the skillet and set aside on a plate.
- Add the olive oil to the same skillet and saute the thinly sliced meat in the veggie juices. Saute for a few minutes, or until cooked through. Add the veggies back in with the sauteed beef. For the cheese, you can melt it into the meat-veggie mixture, or you can add it on top of the meat once you assemble the sandwiches.
- Add of the meat-veggie mixture to each of the hoagie or sub rolls. Add 2 slices of cheese on topand place them all on metal baking sheet.
- Run them under the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bread begins to golden.
- Serve Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches with fruit and chips.
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for 31-Minute Recipe Supplies:
- Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized 12-Inch Skillet with Glass Cover
- Black & Decker 3-Cup Dry/6-Cup Cooked Rice Cooker
- Pyrex 2 pk Clear Baking Dishes
- Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven, 4.5 qt
- Rubbermaid 12-Piece New Premier Food Storage Container Set – Dishwasher, microwave, and freezer safe; BPA free
See all of our 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinner Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes