Turns out it’s a bit challenging to photograph white-ish & forest green cooked kale 😉
Here’s what you need to know this here soup.
It’s delicious. And this is why…
See what’s happening in the photo below…
This is lemons simmering with the chicken stock before you add all the other ingredients. The lemon juice leaks out and marries with the chicken stock and makes the absolute perfect base for this soup!
Then you just add in all the other ingredients and let it bubble until the chicken is done and the quinoa is cooked.
Boom…delicious, one-pot dinner…that also happens to be gluten free and loaded with ‘super foods.’
Lemon Chicken & Kale Soup
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast or chicken thighs, diced
- 6 oz kale or spinach, stems removed
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shaved Parmesan cheese, optional garnish
- Add the chicken stock and sliced lemons to a large saucepan or stock pot. Bring to boiling, then remove the lemon slices.
- Add the diced chicken, kale or spinach, quinoa, garlic powder, thyme and basil. Cook at a rolling boil for 15 to 20 minutes, or until quinoa is cooked and chicken is cooked through. The little rings on the quinoa will begin to separate from the grain when it's cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve Lemon Chicken & Kale Soup with quinoa and shaved Parmesan, as optional garnish.
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Chili, Soup & Stew Supplies:
- 6 qt. Cast Iron Dutch Oven
- 12 qt Large Nonstick Stockpot
- 6.5 qt. Programmable Touchscreen Slow Cooker
- Stainless Steel Soup Ladle (dishwasher safe!)
- 4 piece Stoneware Soup Bowl Set
See all of our 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
Leave a Reply