As promised, my homemade pumpkin pie spice mix recipe.
You’ll notice that it’s very similar to the apple pie spice…just adds ginger and a bit more cinnamon.
And just like I said the other day, “why buy a jar of spice that you only need 1-2 teaspoons of when you can mix up your own with what you’ve got already?!”
Over time, you accumulate all the spices you need to make up your own mixes!
Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Place all ingredients in small, sealable container and mix together. Use as directed in recipes that call for pumpkin pie spice.
- Store in a dry place, up to 6 months.
Top Pumpkin Spice Recipes on $5 Dinners
- Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Pumpkin Spice Baked Oatmeal (with gluten-free version)
- Pumpkin Pie French Toast <<< viral recipe!
- Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate
- Oatmeal Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice French Toast Bake
- Pumpkin Spice Fudge
- Pumpkin Pasta Casserole