We are totally digging on these homemade candied nuts. It’s like the ones you get from the store or mall, but way cheaper when you make your own…and way tastier!
If you’ve never made them before, not to worry…I’ve got the step by step picts for you to show you how simple it is.
I served these at a party last week and they were gone in a flash…I wishI’d have doubled up the recipe. Now I know for next time…
P.S. When you grab the pecans and almonds from the store, if they are on sale get an extra bag or two for your baking stash! Prices on nuts won’t be better than they are during the holiday season!
Here’s the process for making homemade candied nuts:
Add the nuts to a bowl. I did mix of pecans and almonds. You could do all pecans. Or add walnuts into the mix.
Coat with egg.
Add in the sugar mix.
Let cool, before breaking up and serving.
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 2 cups almonds
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Add the pecan halves and almonds to large mixing bowl. Mix in the beaten egg white.
- In a small bowl, mix together the white sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon. Pour over the egg washed nuts and combine well.
- Spread the nuts on thelined baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool before breaking up and serving.
Erinâ€™s Personal Recommendations for Sweets & Treats Supplies:
- Silpat Baking Mats
- Wilton Parchment Paper
- AirBake Baking Sheets, 3 pack
- Silicone Brownie Squares Baking Mold
- Silicone Snowflake Mold
- Christmas Themed Lollipop Candy Mold
- Silicone Baking Molds: Green Christmas Tree Cake Pans, set of 4
- 12 Cup Silicone Muffin & Cupcake Baking Pan
See all of our 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
- 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews
This recipe is featured on Meal Plan Monday Holiday Treats.