Warm, cozy and comforting…that’s the feeling you’ll achieve will enjoying a bowl of this ham & cheese chowder. Chock full of potatoes, ham and corn…it’s sure to be a hit at your dinner table. You could serve it with crackers, pretzel rolls or pretzel bread.
This is such a satisfying bowl of delicious…perfect for a chilly fall or winter evening. Give it a try…and I bet you’ll end up having it a couple times a month this fall/winter!
Ham and Corn Chowder
Easy and cozy weeknight dinner meal!
Servings - 8 servings
- 1 stick butter 8 Tbsp
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 8 oz smoked ham, diced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 medium baking potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 2 cups corn (frozen, fresh, or drained from a can)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- To a large saucepan or stockpot, add butter, onion, celery, garlic, and bell pepper. Saute for 3-5 minutes, or until the onion is translucent and the bell pepper is tender.
- Add ham, chicken stock, potatoes, and all the spices. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in thecorn and cream and bring the heat upto medium. Bring to a boil once again, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes to thicken the chowder.
- Serve Ham & Corn Chowder warm.
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Chili, Soup & Stew Supplies:
- 6 qt. Cast Iron Dutch Oven
- 12 qt Large Nonstick Stockpot
- 6.5 qt. Programmable Touchscreen Slow Cooker
- Stainless Steel Soup Ladle (dishwasher safe!)
- 4 piece Stoneware Soup Bowl Set
See all of our 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
Leave a Reply