I think the name and the photo speak for themselves.
These babies are lip smacking delicious and you’ve got to get them added to your meal plan. Like STAT.
The ham, the cheese, the bell peppers and touch of onion…all wrapped in a cornbread base. Southern comfort right here my friend. Hope you enjoy them as much as we did!
Ham and Cheese Corn Cakes
Yield – 4 servings, 12 cakes
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 minutes
- 1 cup ham, diced and patted dry
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- 1/2 cup green peppers, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal, white or yellow
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream, red onions – optional for service
- Heat a large frying pan or griddle to 350 – 375 degrees.
- In a small skillet, add the ham, onions, peppers, and olive oil. Saute over medium high heat until the onions are almost translucent. Remove from heat and aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Whip for about 30 seconds until light and fluffy.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, oregano, and paprika. Whisk to combine.
- Add shredded cheese and stir.
- Stir egg mixture into the dry mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Add ham mixture and fold in.
- Spray the griddle or frying pan with non-stick spray. Ladle 1/4 cup of the batter onto the hot griddle. Flip after 3 minutes. Cook on second side for 3 more minutes.
- Serve warm with sour cream and red onions.
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for 31-Minute Recipe Supplies:
- Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized 12-Inch Skillet with Glass Cover
- Black & Decker 3-Cup Dry/6-Cup Cooked Rice Cooker
- Pyrex 2 pk Clear Baking Dishes
- Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven, 4.5 qt
- Rubbermaid 12-Piece New Premier Food Storage Container Set – Dishwasher, microwave, and freezer safe; BPA free
See all of our 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinner Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes