Want a great and healthful new dessert that you can cook on the grill this summer?
Look no further…this grilled apricots & plus is marvelous! (And you need to make it with your next cookout!)
It works with any ‘stone fruit,’ but I chose to use apricots and plums because that what was on sale. Peaches would be great too!
All you have to do is remove the seed from the fruit and evenly distribute the ‘quarters’ to the foil. Add a little lime juice, ginger and cinnamon. Then wrap up and grill.
(Here they are simmering on the grill!)
Add a dollop of ice cream (is there such a thing as a dollop of ice cream?) on top and eat. Wait, who am I kidding? Add the largest scoop of ice cream ever and then eat.
(It’s okay…I told you to add the largest scoop ever…so you should give yourself permission because I give you permission!)
Grilled Plums & Apricots ~ NEW 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 3 plums
- 3 apricots
- 1 small lime, juiced and zested
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- Ice cream or whipped cream topping
- Lay out 4 pieces of foil, large enough to wrap a couple quarters of fruit.
- Add 3 quarters of plum and apricots, each. (This is easy to multiplywith more fruit to make more packets/servings!)
- Add a few drops of lime juice and a little lime zest over each fruit pack. Sprinkle a little ginger and cinnamon over each fruit pack. Wrap up and add to the grill over indirect heat for 5 to 10 minutes, or until juices start bubbling. Grill time will depend on heat of the grill.
- Open the foil packets, add a giant scoop of ice cream and eat.
- Serve Grilled Plums & Apricots with ice cream at your next cookout.
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Grilling Recipe Supplies:
- Grill Friendly Vegetable Basket
- Cuisinart Stainless-Steel Grill Tool Set
- 6 Skewer Kebab Set
- 6 Flexible Grilling Skewers (these are my favorite skewers!)
- Heavy Duty NonStick Grill Mat (set of 2)
- Weber Rapidfire Chimney Starter (eliminates need for lighter fluid)
See all of our 31 Days of Grilling Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes