I had to sneak in a kid favorite into this series. This is your basic peanut butter-banana sandwich with a few secret ingredients…grilled to perfection.
But note, this isn’t just for the kids. I loved this sandwich and have made it several times in the recent past. I just love how the peanut butter gets perfectly ooey gooey when you grill it.
You could grill this on a panini maker, a Foreman grill, out on a regular grill (with a weight over some kind to press it down a little) or on a grill-griddle.
However you cook it, it’s a fun twist on the old PB-B sandwich.
P.S. This is a great way to make gluten free bread palatable 🙂 I’m not a huge fan of gluten free sandwich bread, unless you grill it. So here’s a simple way to actually enjoy a gluten free sandwich!
Let me know if your kiddos (and/or you!) enjoy this grilled sandwich!
- 8 slices whole wheat sandwich bread (or gluten free sandwich bread)
- 2 small bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Drizzles honey
- Sprinkles cinnamon
- Fresh fruit, as side
- Add peanut butter and banana slices to 4 pieces of bread. Sprinkle cinnamon on the bananas, then add a few drizzles of honey to each sandwich.
- Add the top piece of bread and grill each sandwich for a minute or two.
- Prepare fresh fruit.
- Serve warm Grilled Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwiches with fresh fruit.
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Grilling Recipe Supplies:
- Grill Friendly Vegetable Basket
- Cuisinart Stainless-Steel Grill Tool Set
- 6 Skewer Kebab Set
- 6 Flexible Grilling Skewers (these are my favorite skewers!)
- Heavy Duty NonStick Grill Mat (set of 2)
- Weber Rapidfire Chimney Starter (eliminates need for lighter fluid)
See all of our 31 Days of Grilling Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes