Can we talk about the word dumplings for a second?
Why dumplings? I mean I get it…you’re dumping in a dollop of dough into a bubbling pot of soup. But the ‘dump’ part of that has a bit of a negative ring to it.
I’m thinking that these guys are having a branding crisis and need to be ‘rebranded’ to DARLINGS.
Don’t you agree???
DARLINGS, not dumplings.
Because these heaps of perfectly cooked dough and just that…DARLING.
They are so darling to my taste buds. Darling, Darling, Darlings. 😉
- 1 1/4 lb. chicken thighs, boiled and shredded
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 8 cups chicken stock or water
- 1 cups heavy cream or whole milk
- 4 carrot sticks, peeled and cut into circles
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, optional garnish
- 2 cups flour
- 1Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Chili, Soup & Stew Supplies:
- 6 qt. Cast Iron Dutch Oven
- 12 qt Large Nonstick Stockpot
- 6.5 qt. Programmable Touchscreen Slow Cooker
- Stainless Steel Soup Ladle (dishwasher safe!)
- 4 piece Stoneware Soup Bowl Set
See all of our 31 Days of Chili, Soups & Stews Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners