Pizza. We love pizza just as much as the next family does.
And while I love to make my own dough (usually in the bread machine), some days I just don’t have my act together or I forget to start the dough in time to be ready to get the pizza in the oven at a reasonable dinner hour.
On those frazzled and trying days, I often turn to a “french bread pizza.” I keep loaf bread in the freezer and it’s great for meals like this. I can thaw/reheat it while the chicken is cooking and the oven is preheating. Then I can get the pizza assembled and into the oven for a few minutes…and still have dinner on the table in under 30! Recently we had this with some fresh peaches and it ended up being a delightful pizza night!
Your turn…what’s your favorite ‘quick pizza’ to throw together for a weeknight meal?
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1 large French loaf
- 2 cups pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Gouda cheese
- Fresh fruit as side dish
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Lightly spray a cookie or baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small skillet, add the olive oil and saute the chicken breasts with some salt and pepper for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring often, until cooked through. Once cooked through, add the BBQ sauce and coat the chicken well. Stir in the thinly sliced red onion and let simmer in the BBQ sauce for 3-4 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, split open the French bread and lay open face on the baking sheets. Spread the pizza sauce over the bread, then add the shredded cheeses over both pieces of french loaf. Add the BBQ chicken mixture over the cheese and then bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. (If you want to add the BBQ chicken under the cheese, you can do that too!)
- Prepare fresh fruit.
- Serve BBQ Chicken French Bread Pizza with fruit.
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for 31-Minute Recipe Supplies:
- Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized 12-Inch Skillet with Glass Cover
- Black & Decker 3-Cup Dry/6-Cup Cooked Rice Cooker
- Pyrex 2 pk Clear Baking Dishes
- Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven, 4.5 qt
- Rubbermaid 12-Piece New Premier Food Storage Container Set – Dishwasher, microwave, and freezer safe; BPA free
See all of our 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinner Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes