You want to know what makes this pumpkin bread special? And soft. And fluffy. And just perfect?
The yogurt, the coconut oil, and the butter. It’s a magical combination that makes the perfect pumpkin bread. Also, the lemon extract adds a nice citrus pop to the fall and pumpkin flavors. If you don’t have lemon extract, you could use lemon juice…but you won’t get the same lemon-y flavor throughout the bread.
P.S. These are a great and simple homemade gift idea for friends and neighbors that also freeze well!
Perfect combination of pumpkin flavors and fluffy bread!
Servings - 8 servings
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 2 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened (8 tablespoons)
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree, not flavored pie filling
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Spray pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and sugar. Stir and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the coconut oil, butter, pumpkin puree, eggs, water, yogurt, and lemon extract. Blend until combined.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Scrape the sides often to make sure all the ingredients get blended in. When theyre combined. Mix on medium for two minutes until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Divide the batter evenly amongst the loaf pans. Place the filled mini pans on a large cookie sheet to make it easier to remove them from the oven.
- Bake for 43 - 48 minutes. Disposable mini loaf pans take about 5 minutes longer than the stoneware pan.
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Sweets & Treats Supplies:
- Silpat Baking Mats
- Wilton Parchment Paper
- AirBake Baking Sheets, 3 pack
- Silicone Brownie Squares Baking Mold
- Silicone Snowflake Mold
- Christmas Themed Lollipop Candy Mold
- Silicone Baking Molds: Green Christmas Tree Cake Pans, set of 4
- 12 Cup Silicone Muffin & Cupcake Baking Pan
See all of our 31 Days of Holiday Sweets & Treats Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes
- 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinners
Is there an alternative for coconut oil? I don’t have any on hand, but have everything else and would love to make this today!
Jenn K says
You can use canola or vegetable oil in place of the coconut oil, Jess. 🙂
another sue says
This looks so good. When you say “mini”, what size are you referring to? I think i have 4 different sizes in my kitchen, and of course, I can figure it out, but . . . if you have time, please advise. Trying to figure out if the size you are making is adequate for a stand alone gift, or if these would be better nestled in the midst of other goodies. Thanks!
The coconut oil I have is a solid…. My daughter has the liquid for beauty purposes …. When you said 1/2 cup…. is it solid or liquid form?????