All the flavors of Jambalaya on a stick…yyyy’aaaaalllll! *said in my best southern LA drawl*
We’ve got shrimp. We’ve got chicken. We’ve got onions and peppers. We’ve got tomatoes. And we’ve got a whole-whole-whole lotta Cajun seasoning too!
I served this over white rice to give it a ‘complete Jambalaya feel.’
Only thing missing from these kebabs are slices of Andouille sausage…which I chose to omit to keep the costs reasonable for the meal 🙂 But feel free to add them for the meat trifecta!
Next time you’re making kebabs, I highly recommend you grill these babies up and enjoy a little Louisiana supper…Y’AAAALLLLLLLLL!
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 20 minutes, plus marinating time of 30 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 to 15 minutes
- 2 small or 1 large chicken breast, diced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Cajun seasoning, divided
- 3/4 lb. deveined raw shrimp
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 white onion, cut into chunks
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 small links Andouille sausage, optional
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- Place the chicken pieces in a small bowl and add the oil, vinegar and 1 Tbsp of the Cajun seasoning and let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Place the raw shrimp in another small bowl and add the other 1 Tbsp of Cajun seasoning. Let sit while the chicken marinates.
- Cook the rice, as directed.
- Once the chicken and shrimp have marinated, make the kebabs with chicken, shrimp, (andouille sausage slices, if using), bell peppers, onion and tomatoes.
- Grill over direct heat for 5 to 7 minutes per side, or until shrimp are pink and cooked through and chicken is cooked through.
- Serve Jambalaya Kebabs over rice.
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for Grilling Recipe Supplies:
- Grill Friendly Vegetable Basket
- Cuisinart Stainless-Steel Grill Tool Set
- 6 Skewer Kebab Set
- 6 Flexible Grilling Skewers (these are my favorite skewers!)
- Heavy Duty NonStick Grill Mat (set of 2)
- Weber Rapidfire Chimney Starter (eliminates need for lighter fluid)
See all of our 31 Days of Grilling Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes